Caritas Internationalis has called on its 162 member throughout the world to put pressure on their governments to help bring about:
- an immediate, unconditional ceasefire,
- the opening up of a permanent humanitarian corridor immediately,
- a guarantee that all humanitarian organisations and workers may work safely,
- the release of the Israeli soldiers in Gaza and Lebanon unharmed, and the release of arrested Palestinian ministers,
- the stationing of an international peace-keeping force along the Lebanese border,
- renewed efforts to begin a new process to bring lasting peace to the whole region.
Complete press release